Your teen's coach can help determine whether they should start working with a therapist or psychiatrist. If your teen is referred to clinical care, you will be notified via email and the Headspace Care app to begin the clinical intake process for your teen. You will be connected with Member Support to complete an intake form and schedule an appointment for your teen. You will join the first appointment, but follow-up appointments will be between your teen and their therapist only.
We strongly encourage you to communicate directly with your child about questions you may have regarding their care. You will also have visibility in the app of your child's progress (if you have signed up for the app yourself).
Articles in this section
- Do I get the same coach every time?
- How can I chat with my coach?
- What is Headspace Care for Teens?
- Can I specify the gender/ethnicity/specialty of my coach?
- How do I communicate with my coach, therapist, or psychiatrist outside of my scheduled appointments?
- Are my sessions with my coach, therapist, and psychiatrist confidential?
- What should I do if I’m having trouble talking with my parents about my mental health?
- I feel depressed. What should I do?
- What should I do if I am in crisis?
- I have a friend who needs help. What should I do?