Coaching is the ideal place to start for most members, since coaches are trained to work with a wide range of situations and can assess the level of care needed. However, we understand that some members are looking for treatment for an active diagnosis or a higher level of care than coaching. If you believe your teen would benefit from therapy or psychiatry, you can reach out to Member Support to schedule an appointment with a Headspace Care therapist or psychiatrist by clicking on “Chat with Support” on the Video tab. Your teen will still be connected with a coach who will be able to submit a referral for therapy. Your teen must complete the onboarding process in order for them to begin therapy at Headspace Care. Your teen’s therapist will be able to refer them to psychiatry if needed.
After your teen meets with a therapist or psychiatrist, we recommend they chat with their coach, who can help them make progress between therapy or psychiatry appointments. Their coach will also be able to support them when they step down from clinical services.
Articles in this section
- What is Headspace Care for Teens?
- What does Headspace Care for Teens entail?
- How much involvement will I have in my teen’s care?
- How much does Headspace Care cost for my child?
- What is the background of the care team working with adolescents?
- What are coaching, therapy, and psychiatry? How do they differ?
- How can my teen start working with a Headspace Care therapist or psychiatrist?
- Can my teen work with a Headspace Care therapist or psychiatrist without going through coaching?
- Is everything confidential between my child and their Care Team (coach, therapist, psychiatrist)?
- How do I communicate with my child’s coach, therapist or psychiatrist?