Coaching is the ideal place to start for most members, since coaches are trained to work with a wide range of situations and can assess the level of care needed. However, we understand that some members are looking for treatment for an active diagnosis or a higher level of care than coaching. If you believe your teen would benefit from therapy or psychiatry, you can reach out to Member Support to schedule an appointment with a Headspace Care therapist or psychiatrist by clicking on “Chat with Support” on the Video tab. Your teen will still be connected with a coach who will be able to submit a referral for therapy. Your teen must complete the onboarding process in order for them to begin therapy at Headspace Care. Your teen’s therapist will be able to refer them to psychiatry if needed.
After your teen meets with a therapist or psychiatrist, we recommend they chat with their coach, who can help them make progress between therapy or psychiatry appointments. Their coach will also be able to support them when they step down from clinical services.
Articles in this section
- Do I get the same coach every time?
- How can I chat with my coach?
- What is Headspace Care for Teens?
- Can I specify the gender/ethnicity/specialty of my coach?
- How do I communicate with my coach, therapist, or psychiatrist outside of my scheduled appointments?
- Are my sessions with my coach, therapist, and psychiatrist confidential?
- What should I do if I’m having trouble talking with my parents about my mental health?
- I feel depressed. What should I do?
- What should I do if I am in crisis?
- I have a friend who needs help. What should I do?