Forming a new habit requires repeating an action consistently in the same context. Tips for making a new habit.
- Decide on a goal that you would like to achieve for your meditation practice.
- Choose a simple action that you can associate with using Headspace that you can do on a daily basis. For example, if you eat breakfast every day, set a goal to meditate directly after breakfast daily.
- Plan when and where you will do your chosen action. Be consistent: choose a time and place that you encounter every day of the week.
- Every time you encounter that time and place, do the action.
- It will get easier with time. According to habit-formation research, within 10 weeks you should find you are doing it automatically without even having to think about it.