LA, we’re all going through the current crisis together. To help you weather this storm, Headspace and the LA County Department of Mental Health have partnered to provide support and resources during this challenging time.
Residents of Los Angeles County can sign up to access Headspace Plus at no cost until December 31st, 2020.
If you are in Los Angeles County and do not currently have a paid Headspace membership, please follow these steps to redeem:
- Visit https://work.headspace.com/lacdmhresidents/member-enroll
- When prompted, allow your browser to share your location
- Once your location has been confirmed, you can log in to your existing account or create an account if you are new to Headspace
- Enter the email address where you would like to receive your activation email (Make sure this is an email address you currently have access to) - you will then receive a link to activate the subscription
- Click the "Verify" button in the activation email to activate your new membership
Please note: Headspace will only access your location during the activation process and will not have access to your location once the subscription has been activated.
What if I’m an LA County resident but sheltering in place outside of LA County?
At this time, you will only be able to activate the offer if you are physically in Los Angeles County when you sign up. If you’re not in Los Angeles County at the moment, we encourage you to check out the additional free resources available at https://www.headspace.com/lacounty
You can also create a Headspace account and use our free Weathering the Storm content that is available within the Headspace mobile app on iOS and Android devices.
Having trouble redeeming the free membership?
To redeem the free membership, you will need to allow your browser to share your location during the activation process and you must also be physically located in Los Angeles County at the time of activation.
If you are in LA and your browser is having trouble recognizing your location, we recommend trying an alternate browser or using the mobile web browser on a smartphone.
If you have started the sign-up process but accidentally denied location sharing with your browser, you may need to adjust your browser’s settings for our enrollment website (work.headspace.com). Help for this is available on the Chrome, MacOS/Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox websites. If you are using Firefox or Safari on a Mac, you may also need to enable location services.
If you need any further support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.