Before standing up, form a clear idea about what you're going to do next. For example, are you going to the bathroom to brush your teeth, to the kitchen to make a cup of tea, or to pick up your keys before leaving the house? It's so easy to just jump up off the seat and lose the calm and spacious quality you've so carefully cultivated. So try to carry this awareness with you to the next activity.
Articles in this section
- How can I remember to be mindful throughout the day?
- Can I go back and re-do sessions I've already completed?
- How can I take this calm feeling with me for the rest of the day?
- Does it matter if I do shorter or longer sessions?
- Can I listen to less guided sessions?
- How can I find and re-watch animations and technique videos?
- Need some advice on what course to listen to?
- What if I repeat Sessions?
- What's the one thing you'd love everyone to forget they know about meditation?