Before standing up, form a clear idea about what you're going to do next. For example, are you going to the bathroom to brush your teeth, to the kitchen to make a cup of tea, or to pick up your keys before leaving the house? It's so easy to just jump up off the seat and lose the calm and spacious quality you've so carefully cultivated. So try to carry this awareness with you to the next activity.
Articles in this section
- What are some proven ways I can work to make Headspace a routine in my life?
- How can I remember to be mindful throughout the day?
- How does mindfulness meditation work?
- How can I take this calm feeling with me for the rest of the day?
- What are the scientific benefits of mindfulness meditation?
- Does it matter if I do shorter or longer sessions?
- According to the research, how long will it take to experience the benefits?
- Can I listen to less guided sessions?
- Is there research on the impact of online meditation programs like Headspace?
- What are the techniques?