Coaching is the ideal place to start for most members, since coaches are trained to work with a wide range of situations and can assess the level of care needed. However, we understand that some members are looking for treatment for an active diagnosis or a higher level of care than coaching. If this is you, you can reach out to Member Support to schedule an appointment with a Headspace Care therapist or psychiatrist by clicking on “Chat with Support” on the Video tab after completing the onboarding process.
(For members accessing the app through an employer, you must complete the onboarding process, including scheduling a chat with a coach, in order to access Member Support. However, it is not necessary to chat with a coach prior to meeting with a therapist or psychiatrist, if you choose not to.)
Once you have completed onboarding, Member Support will be able to answer questions and schedule your appointment.
After you meet with a therapist or psychiatrist, we recommend chatting with your coach, who can help you make progress between therapy or psychiatry appointments. Your coach will also be able to support you when you step down from clinical services.
Articles in this section
- Can I work with a Headspace Care therapist or psychiatrist without going through coaching?
- How much time do therapy and psychiatry appointments take?
- What are the qualifications of Headspace Care therapists and psychiatrists?
- How are therapy and psychiatry services delivered?
- How do therapy and psychiatry differ?
- Can Headspace Care therapists or psychiatrists give me a letter of recommendation for a service or emotional support animal?