Coaching focuses on where your teen is in the present and your teen’s goals for the future. Our behavioral health coaches are trained professionals who can work with your teen to identify steps they can take to work on a range of challenges, like relationships, time management, anxiety and depression, and making time for self-care.
If your teen needs additional support to manage their mental health, their coach will help connect them to a therapist. Therapists are licensed clinicians who provide in-depth support to address more significant issues or longstanding patterns. Therapy allows teens to dive deeper into past or present issues to make positive changes in their life.
Psychiatrists are medical doctors who can prescribe medication to manage more severe or enduring symptoms.
Coaching sessions happen through in-app text messaging. Therapy and psychiatry sessions take place through video over a platform called Zoom, either on your teen’s phone through the Headspace Care app, or their computer, whichever they prefer. We recommend your teen finds a quiet, private place where they feel comfortable. Your teen will be placed in a virtual waiting room (just like an in-person clinic). Their clinician will admit them into their session as soon as their clinician is ready and has verified their identity.
Articles in this section
- What is Headspace Care for Teens?
- What does Headspace Care for Teens entail?
- How much involvement will I have in my teen’s care?
- How much does Headspace Care cost for my child?
- What is the background of the care team working with adolescents?
- What are coaching, therapy, and psychiatry? How do they differ?
- How can my teen start working with a Headspace Care therapist or psychiatrist?
- Can my teen work with a Headspace Care therapist or psychiatrist without going through coaching?
- Is everything confidential between my child and their Care Team (coach, therapist, psychiatrist)?
- How do I communicate with my child’s coach, therapist or psychiatrist?